Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > BREAST SURGERY > Areola surgery

Areola surgery Forum for areola reduction surgery

Old 10-17-2011, 12:41   #1
Vanita_82
No Avatar

Default Aerola surgery, nipple sensation?

Hi ladies,

Is it true that after an areola surgery you either lose sensation or gain sensation after the surgery? Need to know ASAP...

Thanks in advance

Old 10-17-2011, 12:50   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

Two years ago I had an areola reduction with my brest augmentation and I did lose sensation on both my breasts, but for only three months. I was aware of the risks, but I didn't care, and now I am so pleased with my results.

Best of luck to you.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:57   #3
nadja
No Avatar

Hey you

Every woman is different, but I think most women will have temporary numbness after the surgery, but in most cases the sensation returns over time...

Old 10-20-2011, 00:03   #4
mandm
No Avatar

Hi,

I have had aerola reduction and I am very happy with the results. Although my nipples are still tender, perhaps the left one more so.

Old 10-20-2011, 00:11   #5
brendaa
No Avatar

Just to update you, I lost most of the feeling in both of my areolas. But it doesn't bother me because I was ashamed of my breasts before the surgery. I never got any pleasure out of my nipples anyway.

Old 01-16-2012, 23:05   #6
Unregistered
No Avatar

After my surgery, I gained ALL sensation on my right nipple, and I'd say almost all sensation on my left. I probably have more sensation on my right nipple than I did before breast augmentation.

Old 01-16-2012, 23:11   #7
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi

I had my areola surgery and there was a slight decrease in sensitivity in my right breats, but I can still feel a little. My left has complete feeling...

Old 01-16-2012, 23:15   #8
Unregistered
No Avatar

After my surgery, I gained ALL sensation on my right nipple, and I'd say almost all sensation on my left. I probably have more sensation on my right nipple than I did before breast augmentation.

Old 01-18-2012, 15:03   #9
Perry
No Avatar

Hi,

I had an areola reduction with my BA and I did lose sensation on both my breasts, but only for 5 months. I knew before the surgery that there is a possibility that I may lose sensation on one or both of my nipples. But It was a risk I was willing to take. I am so pleased with my results.

Best of luck to you.

Old 01-18-2012, 15:18   #10
Teressa
No Avatar

I have had aerola reduction and it looks fabulous. Yes my nipples are still tender, perhaps the left one more so.

« - | - »