Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > BREAST SURGERY > Areola surgery

Areola surgery Forum for areola reduction surgery

Old 01-18-2012, 14:21   #11
Unregistered
No Avatar

I am almost 8 months post op and I lost most of the feeling in both of my areolas. Doesn't bother me that much because I was so ashamed of my breasts before the surgery. Never got any pleasure out of my nipples anyway.

I had tuberous breast correction and I had to have internal stitches in my areolas to fix the hernation of the breast tissue in addition to an areola reduction, so that could be part of why I lost so much sensation too. Good luck!

Old 01-22-2012, 22:34   #12
Unregistered
No Avatar

I'm almost 6 months out and they've pretty much been numb the whole time. Although now if I pinch them they hurt a little bit so the feeling is coming back....just very slowly.

Old 01-31-2012, 23:54   #13
Unregistered
No Avatar

Oh no, losing sensation is a big concern for me. I dislike my breasts and it can affect me sexually but I really love the way it feels. I am very hopeful to keep sensation in them. I will be SO upset if I lose it.

Old 02-27-2012, 00:01   #14
Unregistered
No Avatar

I have had aerola reduction and it looks fabulous. Yes my nipples are still sensitive, perhaps the left one more so.

Old 02-29-2012, 16:13   #15
Unregistered
No Avatar

I got my areolas reduced 2 weeks ago, and I do not yet have sensation back, but I love that they are not so huge anymore.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:03   #16
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi ladies, Is it true that after an areola surgery you either lose sensation or gain sensation after the surgery? Need to know ASAP... Thanks in.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:04   #17
seinfelddvds
No Avatar

You must remember, that there happens to be a possibility, especially if your busts happen to be extremely sizable, to permanently loose the feeling in the nipples as well as areolar area. In remarkably unusual circumstances, ... Added surgical treatment will definitely then happen to be needed as well as the nipples as well as areola are going to happen to be reconstructed making use of the tissues from other parts of the body.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:12   #18
Unregistered
No Avatar

I got my areolas reduced two weeks ago, I do not yet have sensation back, but love the fact that they are not so huge anymore. Everyone is different...

Old 04-17-2012, 01:13   #19
Mimi
No Avatar

Glad I found this thread, I am very worried about how it will turn out, especially the loss of sensation

Old 04-17-2012, 01:16   #20
Unregistered
No Avatar

I am 5 weeks post op, I saw my PS yesterday and he said it should return. But there is always a risk it wont...

« - | - »