Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > BREAST SURGERY > Breast enlargement

Breast enlargement Forum for breast enlargement with breast implants

Old 10-03-2011, 12:21   #1
Sandyyy
No Avatar

Default How long does the pain last?

Hi,

When did most people find they were pain free? After a year will it still be difficult to exercise, lay on your stomach, lift heavy things etc or will the pain go away in a few months? I know it is redundant and different for everyone but trying to get a consensus of average time.

Thank you so much!

Last edited by Moderator; 05-04-2012 at 13:43.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:27   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

Thumbs up Beisle

Hello Sandy.

Are you wondering if it will be painful to have implants for your entire life? I hope not, that wouldn't be nice. I've had my implants for over 2 years and they are so comfortable. In the beginning they were very tight and it was a bit difficult breathing for the first few days. It felt like there was a heavy rock on my chest but after the first couple of weeks I was pain free. Today I have no trouble exercising or lifting things. But to be honest I'm not crazy about lying on my stomach anymore. That is not so comfortable anymore but I can live with that. If you don't go with too big of an implant for your body you will be perfectly fine. Good luck!!!

Old 10-03-2011, 12:38   #3
Unregistered
No Avatar

Default Bayley

Well, I had my breast augmentation a year ago through the armpit and as far as I know everything went well. They look and feel great but every once in a while I recieve sharp pains on the inside part of my arm between my armpit and elbow. I don't know if this is something I should be concerned about but I have no difficulties with exercising or lifting heavy things.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:43   #4
Davies
No Avatar

To Bayley:

After a year you shouldn't be having pain, once healed, a breast enlargement or any other surgery should not be sore a year later. YES, you should be concerned, I think you should go and visit your doctor ASAP.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:52   #5
Karen
No Avatar

Smile

I had my breast enlarged 2 years ago, I went from an A cup to a D cup and I had no pain after 3 months but as my doctor said its really individual.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:58   #6
CJJ
No Avatar

When I was lying on the side for the first few months I had a slight pain and I wore sports bra in bed the first six months.

But also, for the first four or five months, walking the dog was a big problem, if he really pulled on the lead, I got a sharp pain in my chest, on whichever side the dog was walking. It can take a good year for things to settle down completely.

CJJ

Old 10-06-2011, 12:37   #7
amanda__2
No Avatar

Well, when I had my implants done in December 2008, it took me at least a year before I stopped getting occasional pains. I used to get like a sudden sharp electric shock, but apparently it's quite normal because its your nerves healing. We all seem to heal at different rates, but I think if you're worried I think you should meet your surgeon.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:44   #8
Unregistered
No Avatar

hi everyone

i had my surgery 7 months ago, i went from a 34aa to a 34c and had implants over my muscle. they look and feel amazing but the only thing is that im starting to have sudden shooting pains through both breats. more on the side near my ribs but never in both breasts at the same time. i dont know if this is normal as i have bee told that it takes roughly 1 year for your breast to completely settle, so im starting to get worried...

Old 01-16-2012, 22:22   #9
West01
No Avatar

I'm only 10 days post op, but the pain hasn't been bad at all. It was uncomfortable whenever I forgot and tried to use my arms/muscles the first few days, but has been very manageable. Maybe it's because I didn't go that big (300ccs) or because I handle pain well, but it's been much better than I expected.

Old 01-16-2012, 22:25   #10
Unregistered
No Avatar

First day it felt like an elephant had sat on my chest, after that I felt great, stopped taking my pain meds and was able to move around on my own.