Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > BREAST SURGERY > Breast enlargement

Breast enlargement Forum for breast enlargement with breast implants

Old 11-22-2011, 18:15   #1
Emma
No Avatar

Default When can i start smoking again?

I am now 2 weeks post op and haven't been smoking for nearly 5 weeks, am so badly craving another but am HORRIFIED of delaying recovery. Has anyone had problems with healing and is the healing process longer than others?

Last edited by Moderator; 02-27-2012 at 16:27.

Old 11-22-2011, 18:27   #2
capri
No Avatar

Hi Emma,

Fortunately, I have had no problems with my recovery, I smoke and I healed perfectly fine. To be honest I think I healed quite a bit faster than average.

Old 11-22-2011, 18:54   #3
Unregistered
No Avatar

No I healed wonderfully, I smoked on my way to the surgery and after the surgery. Had no problems what so ever! This isn't something I would recommend to anyone.

Old 11-22-2011, 23:02   #4
giannnaa
No Avatar

Hi,

I decided to quit two weeks before my surgery and I did just fine. But I started smoking again on day 5 of recovery. Just so you know, smoking slows down the healing process due to lack of oxygen going to your blodcells.

Old 11-23-2011, 00:14   #5
Unregistered
No Avatar

I smoke and my PS told me to cut back, not to quit, but for my TT I had to quit 5 weeks prior and 2 weeks after.

Old 11-23-2011, 00:52   #6
Unregistered
No Avatar

To be honest, I didn't quit at all, it was so difficult for me. I smoked before and even right before the surgery, I don't know if it made a difference or not. I am totally fine!

Old 11-23-2011, 00:56   #7
chanel10
No Avatar

AND I couldn't quit either and my doctor didn't really bring it up. I actually had a cigarette right before the surgery, otherwise I wouldn't have survived! If you can quit, go for it!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:08   #8
Debbie
No Avatar

I decided to quit 2 weeks before surgery and I also planned to start buck up, today its been over 2 months after my surgery and I'm still NOT smoking... I'm so proud.

Old 11-27-2011, 16:38   #9
londongirl
No Avatar

Hmmmm, I smoked as soon as I got in the car after my breast augmentation.

Old 11-27-2011, 16:47   #10
Unregistered
No Avatar

If you haven't smoking for a while, why start smoking again? Don't start back! Why would you? It is so unhealthy! Try to remain smoke free, I used the gum. Good luck!