Old 11-28-2011, 22:03   #1
Marta
No Avatar

Default Nipple sensation

Hi ladies,

I am having BL in 2 weeks and I am so worried about loss of nipple sensation, I've heard and read that this happens and then usually comes back but in some cases is lost for good. I am really worried about this, not sure if I want to do this anymore. Please share your experiences, how long before your feeling came back and if not, is it the end of the world for you?

Marta

Old 11-28-2011, 22:12   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi Marta,

After my BL I lost the feeling in my left nipple and had hypersensitivity in the left. But after 6 months the feeling started coming back in the left.

Old 11-28-2011, 22:29   #3
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi Marta,

This was my biggest fear as well, I started to get sensation back in my left after 5 months, now 13 months later it is over sensitive. My books look great, but don't know if it was worth it, I really miss my nipples

Old 12-22-2011, 12:14   #4
Unregistered
No Avatar

I am having a breast lift and my PS said that some people lose it forever and some get it back. But everyone is different...

Old 12-22-2011, 12:15   #5
maria12
No Avatar

Two years ago, I had a BL/BA and I did not lose any sensation

Old 12-22-2011, 12:24   #6
lizagirl
No Avatar

I didn't lose any sensation and I had my breast reduction 5 years go, but sometimes they get hypersensitive. You shouldn't worry

Old 12-22-2011, 12:33   #7
Unregistered
No Avatar

I asked my PS about BL, in his 15 years of practice he has only had 4 patients report permanent and complete nipple sensation loss. He mentioned that the really large implants can increase the risk because nerves are manipulated and stretched more due to the size of the implant. Just ask your PS about his experience

Old 12-22-2011, 13:47   #8
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi Marta

I am 11 months post-op and I only have some of the sensation back... But my left breast is ok, everything came back. I read somewhere that it takes up to 2-3 years post-op getting sensation back. So need to wait and see what happens...

Old 12-22-2011, 14:25   #9
Unregistered
No Avatar

I'm currently 6 months post-op, mine have great sensation, however my left has a little than my right, but I am pretty happy I hear it still can return, so I need to be patient.. Good luck!
!

Old 01-17-2012, 18:46   #10
Teressa
No Avatar

Hi Marta,

I had a BL and a new set of boobs put in 2 years ago and I did not lose any sensation.

Good Luck!