Old 01-17-2012, 18:53   #11
Unregistered
No Avatar

I had a BL in October (about three months ago), at first I didn't have any sensation in my nipples, but little by little the sensation started coming back. I have about 60% sensation at this point. I think it will come all the way back in time, one everything heals.

Old 01-17-2012, 18:56   #12
memorylane
No Avatar

Everyone is different and you've got to figure out if the risk is worth it. Maybe even discuss this issue with your ps and ask if there's a difference in the type of lifts.

Good luck!

Old 01-17-2012, 18:59   #13
Raven
No Avatar

I had a BR, one nipple was numb and the other was painfully hypersensitive. However, after a few months one perked up and the other calmed down. They are both fine now and I think it just varies from individual to individual.

Old 01-17-2012, 19:01   #14
Unregistered
No Avatar

I'm almost 4 weeks post op and still can't feel my nipples. I'm just going to wait and see what happens, like the girls mentioned, everyone is different!

Old 01-17-2012, 19:03   #15
Paula
No Avatar

Hi girls,

I had a BL in 2008 and had feeling in one nipple from the beginning. It took me almost a year before I could feel anything in the other. It has continued to improve slowly...

Old 01-17-2012, 19:15   #16
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi,

I had a BL almost 5 years ago and I did not lose a lot of sensitivity to both breats. My friend had just implants and she lost sensitivity and another of my friend also had implats and didn't lose any sensitivity. It did bother me more at the beginning, but not anymore.

I prefer to have the beautiful non sagging boobs, so knowing what I know now, I would still do the surgery.

Old 01-17-2012, 19:15   #17
Mary
No Avatar

I've had 2 breast lifts and an augmentation and haven't lost a bit of sensitivity.....Good luck!!!

Old 01-17-2012, 21:45   #18
Vivian
No Avatar

My nipples were erect most of the time, that went away finally, but I don't know if that is related to sensitivity as I lost some nipple sensation.

Old 01-17-2012, 21:49   #19
Maria
No Avatar

Hi,

I had my BA and BR through the areola about 9 months ago. My sensations are weird, my nipples are almost numb, but sometimes they are super sensitive. I am hoping that they go back to normal, but honestly even if they don't it is so worth having boobies for!

Good luck,

Maria

Old 01-27-2012, 14:40   #20
Unregistered
No Avatar

I'm 12 days post op and happy to say I don't seem to have decreased sensation.