Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > BREAST SURGERY > Breast reduction

Breast reduction Forum for femal breast reduction surgery

Old 01-17-2012, 22:48   #1
Donda
No Avatar

Question Breast reduction and implants

Hi ladies,

I was wondering for all the ladies who had a breast reduction if you like your results without implants because the top part can still remain flat. My PS suggested reduction and a small implant for upper pol.

Thank you in advance!

Old 01-17-2012, 22:50   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

I'm wondering the same thing, it seems strange to get a reduction and then add an implant. Hmmmm, I have heard stories of people getting a BR and or BL and are happy the first year or two and then they begin to sag :/

Old 01-17-2012, 22:52   #3
Yellow
No Avatar

I decided to get a small implant, the implant will keep them liften. I have heard too many stories of how after a year or two they start to sag again. If so, what a waste of money!

Old 01-17-2012, 22:55   #4
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi Donda

The reason you need an implant with reduction is for those women who have no shape left in upper pol is what my PS said. Then you end up with lifted breast without clevage curve.

Hope my answer helped you!

Old 01-17-2012, 22:58   #5
ariel
No Avatar

Just so you know breast reduction with implants is very common. It is to have cleavage and/or upper pole fullness because eventually the breast tissue will settle in the bottom of the breasts again then they start to look square on the bottom.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:25   #6
Brittany
No Avatar

I read somewhere that not everyone would be a candidate for a breast augmentation and a breast lift at the same time. It is very important for one to be informed before one undergoes any procedure..

Old 12-19-2018, 05:49   #7
No Avatar

the addition of implant will help with the upper pole fullness but on the down side, you now have a foreign body in-situ and will mean future exchange surgery. There are pros and cons to all treatments and it is important to have a through consultation with your Plastic Surgeon.
Old 12-25-2018, 14:39   #8
No Avatar

There are so many women that need breast reduction surgery as their breasts get enlarged then usual. There are many other ways to reduce breasts but that are difficult and many women won't able to do that. Surgery is a good option but as I think breast genetic testing should be done before this surgery.