Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > BREAST SURGERY > Breast reduction

Breast reduction Forum for femal breast reduction surgery

Old 10-02-2011, 17:48   #1
Sarah
No Avatar

Exclamation How many days should you take off after having a BR?

Hello ladies!

I'm thinking of breast reduction but my biggest concern is work. How many days do you need off from work after the surgery?

Thanks...

Old 10-02-2011, 17:56   #2
Jazz
No Avatar

Hi there!

I work an office job but don't have the ability to work from home. I had my surgery recently, thursday 22/9 and went back to work the following thursday. It was OK but I recommend at least a week and weekend off, or two weeks for BR.

Good luck!!!

Old 10-02-2011, 18:05   #3
Jemma22
No Avatar

When I did my BR, I only took a week off since I work in retail and I was SO tired. If you can take off longer it would of course be better. I am in my early 20's, healthy, nondrinker and nonsmoker. My recovery was all good but it took a while until I got my energy back.

Old 10-02-2011, 18:24   #4
Debbs
No Avatar

I just found this online:

"I recommend 2 weeks off from work and no heavy lifting or activity for 6 weeks. Breast reduction requires lengthy incisions to optimize the shape, volume, and symmetry after removal of breast tissue. The longer the incision, the more likely complications are to occur. These can include infection, bleeding, thickened scar, or wound dehiscence. Taking off the appropriate time to heal and following up with your surgeon will help minimize these problems and give you a great long lasting result."

Web reference: Plastic Surgeon Houston | Gill Plastic Surgery | The Woodlands, Cypress

Hope it helps, good luck with your surgery!

Old 11-03-2011, 20:03   #5
Wendy
No Avatar

I don't work, but all I can say is that the recovery was so easy gor me. I had literally no PAIN and I had no drains. I would say a week of taking it easy would be ok and don't forget to ask your PS too.

Old 11-03-2011, 20:04   #6
Ginna
No Avatar

I only took pain killers a couple of days and then I was totally fine.

Old 11-03-2011, 20:21   #7
patricia
No Avatar

I had surgery on a Wednesday and returned to work the following Tuesday, I didn't have drains, I only used pain killers to help me sleep the first 3 days.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 11-03-2011, 20:40   #8
Unregistered
No Avatar

I was fine with one week, just had to take it easy. My surgery was on a Thursday and I took the following week. Had a total of seven working days off...

Old 11-04-2011, 17:33   #9
Giaz7
No Avatar

Age and overall health is an important factor, how old are you? I don't think one week is enough, I had my drains in for a week and I think you should consult your doctor and ask him as week.

Old 11-04-2011, 18:00   #10
Unregistered
No Avatar

I took off two weeks and I am struggling going back next week. If I could of taken 3 I would of...