Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > BREAST SURGERY > Breast reduction

Breast reduction Forum for femal breast reduction surgery

Old 10-19-2011, 23:23   #1
yasmine
No Avatar

Default sensitive nipples, anyone?

Recently I've noticed that since my surgery, my nipples have become so sensitive. They are not painful or uncomfortable, in fact most of the time I don't feel them. But if they are touched, they are much more sensitive than before. Is this normal? Will it be permanent or will it fade as the tissue heals?

Thanks in advance

Yasmine

Old 10-19-2011, 23:26   #2
Suzz
No Avatar

Yes, its totally normal, mine is getting better all ready. My right one is way worse then the left. When I put a towel around me, it feels like an electric shock. I hope this won't last forever...............

Old 10-19-2011, 23:29   #3
Michelle1979
No Avatar

Same exact issue, thank god for this thread!!! But I had a breast reduction and lift 2 years ago and my nipples are still embarrassingly hypersensitive and a padded bra does not really help. What to do?

Old 10-19-2011, 23:36   #4
Vicky
No Avatar

I have the same EXACT thing but only in my right nipple, I'll be 6 weeks PO tomorrow. It's good to know something isn't wrong with me

Old 10-19-2011, 23:39   #5
kim12
No Avatar

i'm almost 10 weeks and mine are still sensitive, the worst part is in the shower when the water hits them right, so uncomfortable! But its getting better and better. happy healing!

Old 10-26-2011, 13:51   #6
mesmali
No Avatar

Hi,

I don't think you should worry, some patients have shown to have return of nipple sensation as far as six months. But even a year out, so I think you should hang on and wait patiently.

Old 10-26-2011, 14:06   #7
katrina__1
No Avatar

Having a breast reduction surgery it will reduce nipple and breast sensation permanently because nerves are cut during the procedure.

But for most women, the reduction of sensation is mild and improves after six to twelve months.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:01   #8
Unregistered
No Avatar

When I had my BR done, I did have total numbness in one and partial in the other. But I felt numb for about two months and then slowly feeling came back, and then the numb one got ultra sensitive. After 6 months, all the feeling started coming back and everything finally felt normal.

I am almost 10 months post-op and I have no issues with either numbness or sensitivity. Just so you know this might happen and it's very common, but almost always it is temporary.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:38   #9
zarah
No Avatar

Yes everyone heals differently, my PS told me it could go either way and could be up to a year before they felt normal. After my surgery mine went to the ultra sensitive side. I am now almost 1 year post op and still can not touch them.

Old 01-22-2012, 22:37   #10
Unregistered
No Avatar

Sometimes you do. I had a breast reduction and have nipple sensation. My friend also had a reduction but has not regained nipple sensation yet.