Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > BREAST SURGERY > Breast reduction

Breast reduction Forum for femal breast reduction surgery

Old 11-21-2011, 17:32   #1
Riverlady
No Avatar

Default When can you wear an underwire bra?

Hi everyone

I am three weeks post op from a breast reduction and freaking out, I am so sick of the bras I have to wear, they don't support me the way I want. So when did you all start to wear underwire bras?

Thank you in advance

Old 11-22-2011, 14:46   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

Every surgeon is different, so I think you should call your surgeon and see what he thinks. I was told to wait eight weeks, I was a little sore at the end of the day when I first started wearing underwire bra. Now I am five months po and everything's good.

Old 11-22-2011, 16:13   #3
Ellie
No Avatar

I had to wait 8 weeks...

Old 11-22-2011, 16:27   #4
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi,

My PS said I need to wear a gentle bra without wire for the first two months, but remember every plastic surgeon is different.

Old 11-22-2011, 16:47   #5
Kandy
No Avatar

I know that most plastic surgeons recommends you to go without wire untill all lines are completely healed. My PS told me to wait 10 weeks, I think you should wait and ask your PS.

Old 11-22-2011, 21:17   #6
Unregistered
No Avatar

I feel your pain, it's so annoying! My PS told me to wait 12 weeks, after 6 weeks I got a regular bra (with no underwire).

Old 11-22-2011, 23:18   #7
Unregistered
No Avatar

You should know that everyones PS says something different. My PS told me not to wear an underwire bra for 3 months. I think you should ask your doctor, he knows you best. Good luck to you!

Old 11-22-2011, 23:58   #8
kiera
No Avatar

My surgeon told me to wait for 3 months, and after 3 months I tried to wear underwire but it was very very uncomfortable and after a few hours I could see the identation on my breasts

Old 11-23-2011, 00:24   #9
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi ladies,

I had a breast reduction four weeks ago, on my last post-op visit, I was told to start wearing underwire bra at six weeks post-op. Hope this helps!

Old 11-23-2011, 00:28   #10
Unregistered
No Avatar

I agree with everyone else that it is best to ask your plastic surgeon on their preferences. But my surgeon told me I would never need an underwire again, after surgery.