Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > FACIAL SURGERY > Chin surgery

Chin surgery Forum for chin surgery with implants

Old 11-23-2011, 17:56   #1
Jasmine
No Avatar

Default Swelling and Numbness

Hi everyone,

I am 12 days post op from a chin impland and neck lipo, I'm wondering when the swelling and the numbness will go away? This is freaking me out, I cannot fully smile or show my bottom teeth AND I HAVE A LISP!

Please share your experiences! Many thanks.

Old 11-23-2011, 17:59   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi Jasmine,

I got my chin implant with a lipo under the chin area about 8 days ago. Whenever I smile my lips look crooked and I am very swollen around the chin area, I also have the blue/black/purple/yellow bruising under the chin. This annoys me so much, can't wait until its over!

Old 11-23-2011, 18:03   #3
Unregistered
No Avatar

I'm now 14 days out and having the exact same problem, and I'm so worried. My son says it looks like I have a golf ball in my chin! I still can't smile and when I close my mouth my lips are maligned.

Old 11-23-2011, 18:10   #4
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi guys

I am now 13 days post op and everything is getting much better, wasn't expecting the huge jaw, very hard swelling or different colors of bruises....

Good luck and cheers!

Old 11-23-2011, 18:16   #5
sarahf
No Avatar

I had rhino and chin implants done, I believe that these procedures are supposed to effect your smile/speech and will remain that way for as long as three months. Well, that's what my PS told me, until everything is healed.

Old 11-23-2011, 18:31   #6
Unregistered
No Avatar

So HAPPY I found this thread because I'm having the exact same issue! You can't even see my bottom teeth and my 'new' smile is horrible, I know you have to be patient with the swelling and other stuff that goes with it. But I am so worried, the waiting on your surgery results is very scary.

Old 01-22-2012, 17:35   #7
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi there, I am 14 days post op and mine is getting better, thank god. But I was not expecting the huge jaw, hard swelling underneath, I had no bruising, but lots of swelling. Hope I look human again soon...

Old 01-22-2012, 19:08   #8
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hello

So glad I found this thread. I had a chin implant on 3 months ago. Up until a few days ago my chin looked longer on one side. I figured this was way too long to be swelling and figured I'd just have to live with it and rationalized that only I would notice. I'm happy to report that it looks pretty much even now!So swelling can take quite awhile to go down.

Old 01-22-2012, 19:11   #9
Unregistered
No Avatar

The swelling will start to settle down at 3-4 weeks, but the numbness may last longer. I think you should see your PS to make sure everything is OK.

Old 01-29-2012, 21:00   #10
Unregistered
No Avatar

I'm 12 days post-op and am having a lot of the same problems, especially smiling and laughing. I also have a slight lisp but it gets less and less everyday. Particularly with "m", "b" and "p" sounds because you need to bring your lips completely together to form those. My doctor says realistically I should see a turn at 3 weeks post-op. I guess I just wasn't expecting this long of a recovery with swelling/numbness/tightness. I know I'm only 12 days but I'm preparing myself for months of recovery which is pretty intense. Everything that I read (and I read a lot!) seemed to indicate you would look at feel very normal with only minor swelling after 7-10 days. I definitely do NOT feel normal with this goofy smile!!!