Old 11-30-2011, 14:18   #1
millhill
No Avatar

Default Recovery time for Otoplasty

Hi,

So I went for my first consultation last Tuesday for otoplasty for my right ear. My plastic surgeon told me that I will need both ears doing so that they will both be symetrical. He also told me that it would take about 14 days to wear a bandage and I can't stand the thought of being house boiund for 14 days. When I asked him about exercising he said I would be OK after 10 days but only for only a short walk, otherwise I have to wait for a month or even more.

Something else that concerns me is that there's a chance that the ears will go back to normal?

Any advice/thoughts greatly appreciated!

Old 11-30-2011, 14:38   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

I had my otoplasty about three weeks ago and got the bandages off 2 days ago. Other doctors told me I don't need to wear the head dressing for that long, but wearing it for 2-3 weeks is a plus in terms of healing and protecting the ears. My advice is if you want the surgery to go well you should wear the bandages as long as you can.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Old 11-30-2011, 15:01   #3
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi,

It's been 2 months since my Otoplasty and I'm very happy with the results. My right ear is still a bit numb and sometimes both ears feel a bit tender. But they haven't moved forward yet, thank god! That's my only concern...