Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > FACIAL SURGERY > Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)

Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) Forum for cosmetic eyelid surgery

Old 10-19-2011, 13:58   #1
N_ola
No Avatar

Question Lower eye blepharoplasty - yes or no?

Hi everyone

I am in my early 20ies but I have very large bags under my eyes so I'm considering getting lower eye blepharoplasty. Because of these saggy bags at such a young age I look much older than I am and people always ask me why I'm tired.

One week ago I saw this surgeon who told me that he could take the fat under my eye and stuff it back under my eyeball, without doing any stiches or anything. He also said that the recovery time is easy and that I will be fine within a month.

I'm still not sure if I should do this or not, I hate these saggy bags but whenever I research lower blepharoplasty I get frightened. There are only nightmare stories!

So, I need your help, does anyone have any positive experience and do you think its worth it?

Thank you so much

Old 10-19-2011, 14:56   #2
googoo
No Avatar

hi

i also had my lower done in my early 20's, but i regret it... my surgeon convinced me that it was lowers that were aging me. if you're really bothered by your eyes at least consult 2 or 3 surgeons and find someone who does conservative work...

our faceschange so much as we age, so i think its important to see a few surgeons before making the big decision.

good luck my friend!

Old 10-19-2011, 15:04   #3
santamaria
No Avatar

I am at 4 weeks since my upper and lower, scars are still swollen and lumpy, more so underneath. I presume this is normal, but I didn't think it would take this long. I've been looking at before and after pictures, I can tell the difference, but not underneath yet because its lumpy, but the eyelids are a lot better. I had saggy eyelids before, but not they are a lot tighter and my eyes look more open. Just waiting to be healed...

Old 01-26-2012, 02:20   #4
Unregistered
No Avatar

I would be scared to death to have surgery on my eyes...

Old 01-26-2012, 02:21   #5
makkalakka
No Avatar

Eyelid surgery is a very simple procedure and you should consider an expert surgeon for doing such a surgery.

Old 08-20-2012, 18:01   #6
Unregistered
No Avatar

I am 2 days post op, and so far no difficulties at all. The only pain was during surgery, when they injected anesthesia into my eyelids.

I applied ice packs constantly the first day, and was scrupulously hygienic. Also slept upright on the couch all night long. I was expecting a hideous face the second day, but no such thing. Everything is fine and I feel all right. All together, surprisingly pleased.

Old 08-20-2012, 18:06   #7
KimP
No Avatar

It has been 9 weeks since my surgery and my eyes are nearly back to normal. Scars are red and very noticeable, guess its too early to see full results

Old 08-20-2012, 19:13   #8
santamaria
No Avatar

I am 2 months post op and I am extremely happy with my results and like others who have commented, I am still healing. It was slow in the beginning but each day I would see improvement. I would suggest going to a surgeon who has experience with eyes.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:55   #9
No Avatar

Default Eyelid Blepharoplasty Surgery

Hi! If you are having large eye bags at the age of 20s then it I think you should get rid of this issue as soon as possible as it may affect your appearance a lot. However, there are several home remedies available to remove eye bags. But, if you want rapid result, then it is better if you try blepharoplasty cosmetic surgery. This surgery is mainly applicable for those who want rapid results. I came to know lot about Eyelid Blepharoplasty Surgery from blog post. And it was quite helpful as well.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:08   #10
No Avatar

Default Home Remedies To Avoid Blepharoplasty

Surgery is always not the only option to treat any beauty or health issue. However, there are some natural home remedies available that can help you get rid of this issue. Home remedies are some sometimes the best option to treat eyelid surgery. You can have a look at some home remedies at: Natural Remedies For Treating Eyelids. Here, very effective home remedies are available that can help you treat eyelids issues.