Old 01-15-2012, 13:17   #1
Emma
No Avatar

Question facelift recovery

Hi everyone - new to the site so bear with me!

I'm almost 9 weeks post op after facelift and brow lift. I'm still suffering with cold sensations, tingling, dripping water sensations and a tightness and pulling in the forehead.

Any advise or guidance on dealing with these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-15-2012, 13:20   #2
Vividink
No Avatar

Hi Emma,

I had my lower facelift about 12 weeks ago, and I have a very lumpy feeling in the cheek area, and a crease that runs from the corner of my eye across to my hairline. I am sure that things will settle as its early days. Everyone is different.

Old 01-15-2012, 13:25   #3
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi

I am now 5 months post op and although the discomfort gets easier each week, I must admit I didn't expect it. I thought it would take me 2-3 weeks to heal, I really think there should be some improvement in the information given after the surgery. Don't have much pain, more discomfort, especially from brow lift. I think the numbness stays with you for a few months...

Old 01-15-2012, 13:27   #4
Nicole
No Avatar

Yes, facelift recovery takes ages and is practically never mentioned by surgeons. That's quite embarrassing!

Old 01-22-2012, 21:56   #5
Rachel
No Avatar

I'm currently 2 weeks post op from a facelift. First days where not so fine, lots of swelling and bruising. But now most of the swelling is gone and I have only a very little bruise under right eye, which can be covered with makeu. I went shopping and nobody noticed anything.
But remember, recovery time is different for everybody!

Old 01-29-2012, 17:44   #6
Oneil
No Avatar

I had a soft face lift about 2 weeks ago. I have very little swelling or bruising my doctor had me taking arninca and bromelin before and after surgery. Good luck to you all with your healing and do your research when it comes to doctors!

Old 01-29-2012, 17:45   #7
Unregistered
No Avatar

I had a full facelift and upper and lower blepharoplasty just 3 days ago and everything appears to be progressing absolutely fine. My face is still swollen and I have some numbness but a little less so each day. Surprisingly small amount of bruising - I could go out wearing big sunglasses and would be ok. Like a previous post I had bells palsy 4 years ago and still have paralisys on the right side of my face. I am already noticing that my eyes look more even although they are still red and a little swollen. Too early to tell whether there will be any difference symetrically though. It is really important to research your surgeon thouroughly and if possible go to someone whose work you have actually seen.

Old 01-29-2012, 17:48   #8
Mona
No Avatar

I had my neck lift/partial facelift 1,5 years ago. I still have the tightness and pain (like a noose around my neck). Additionally, I have a huge indentation under my chin with sagging skin at my left jaw and neck. I am going to see my PS next week. The last time I saw him, he recommended more surgery. I am so sorry that I had this surgery done.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:25   #9
Unregistered
No Avatar

Default Healing takes time

I hade my facelift and lateral browlift a few weeks ago. First days were horrible, lots of swelling and bruising. But today, most of the swelling is gone and also the bruising. I decided to go out for some shopping today, was so afraid of seeing someone I know.

Its important to know that recovery time is different for everyday

Old 11-17-2013, 07:33   #10
heartgann
No Avatar

Oh I see, so does that means facelift surgery recovery depends on the person? if surgeons cannot give you the exact span of healing then that's quite sucks. I haven't done that but its so nice to read about it here.