Old 11-24-2011, 14:05   #1
Andy67
No Avatar

Default Sleeping question

Hi ladies,

I need your help, I need to know how long you generally sleep elevated after a facelift?
lift?

I'm 12 days post op today, I'm still sleeping quite upright but sometimes I wake up during the night longing to lie down or at least go down to two pillows.

I would be grateful if you could let me know how elevated you sleep and for how long.

Andy

Old 11-24-2011, 14:18   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

Andy, I think you should check with your PS first, do not sleep on your side. I think you could make it swell more and your neck isn't in the right position, you're not supposed to turn your head.

Old 11-24-2011, 14:23   #3
Jazz
No Avatar

Hi,

I'm 6 months post op and I'm still sleeping on my back, difficult in the beginning but I got used to it and I feel much better when I wake up in the morning. To stop myself from turning over in my sleep, I put a couple of pillows on each side and keep my arms on them. This made it really difficult for me to accidently turn over.

Old 11-27-2011, 19:41   #4
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi,

6 weeks post op on Friday and I still sleep on the wedge pillow. I'm too scared to try going back on my side

Old 11-27-2011, 19:42   #5
Liza1
No Avatar

About 4 to 5 weeks after my surgery.

Liza

Old 11-27-2011, 20:08   #6
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi Andy,

I'm six weeks post now and I'm using those shape conforming pillows, I put it on top of the other 2 pillows. But I also use a buckwheat neck pillow to keep my head from turning sideways, it really prevents you from turning on your side and is still comfortable.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:12   #7
spatajon
No Avatar

I'm 12 days post op today, I'm still sleeping quite upright but sometimes I wake up during the night longing to lie down or at least go down to two pillows.