Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Hair loss > General - hair loss

General - hair loss Forum for general discussions about hair loss

Old 01-25-2012, 16:59   #1
Mars
No Avatar

Default Teenage Hair Loss

Hi

I started having a receding hairline at the age of 13. I've been seeing 2 doctors and both said its "normal". I have a big forehead and it looks terrible, everytime I look at my forehead I get depressed I just don't know what to do!!!

Old 01-25-2012, 17:00   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

How old are you currently?

Old 01-25-2012, 17:03   #3
Oneil
No Avatar

The best advice I can give you is, whatever treatment you choose, evaluate it carefully!
most treatments will cause an increased shedding period, and I dreaded this putting off minox for months and months, when it would've just been better to start ASAP. So, if you believe any treatment is right for you, don't fear the shed, start it ASAP. That is only after you've thoroughly researched the treatment though, can't stress that enough. Good luck to you!

Old 01-25-2012, 17:04   #4
TeXas
No Avatar

A change in lifestyle?

Old 01-25-2012, 17:13   #5
Mandy
No Avatar

Stress has been known to cause hair loss as well. Remember that stress could also cause you to lose your hair, though in a slightly different manner. I had a friend who had a problem with thinning hair. She was only 18 when she started having the problem. A few years later when I met her again, she had a full head of hair which was thick and shiny.

When I asked her for her secret, she reveal that she was losing hair because she was stressed by her university assignments and she always resorted to pulling her hair everytime she got frustrated.

Dieting has affects the hair too, not forgetting that sleep deprivation does the time thing too.

Good luck!

Old 08-08-2012, 08:34   #6
vjykmr89
No Avatar

Take care of your hair, don't let it get expose to the sunlight for too long, it will get dry.. and the rain too.. It's acidic... And don't wear cap too much, the heat store in your hat hurt the hair... And massage your bald spot so the blood circulation can flow well.. And you know there is a laser treatment well not laser really I don't know some kind light that help the hair grow really fast.. And there usually a lot of hair grower in any store.. Hope this help...

Old 08-05-2013, 06:21   #7
jaysam
No Avatar

The adult scalp contains about 100,000 hair follicles. Everyday the scalp loses about 100 hairs and they will grow back in 5-6 weeks. Starting at age 40, the levels of by-product prolactin of testosterone of men increases, stimulating the production of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase that causes the conversion of testosterone to gihydro-testosterones DHT causing our hair to grow back thinner or not grown back at all. This causes an androgenic alopecia hair loss problem, since DHT shrinks the follicles causing hair thins and hair receding at the forehead, crown and temple for men and thins over the entire scalp for women. What causes hair loss.

1. The Causes of Hair Loss

a) Aging
Human aging is the biological process that is unavoidable but controllable with healthy diet with complex carbohydrates, green foods, garlic, onion, water and juices that will help to decrease the aging process in some degree. It also helps to reduce the amount of DHT produced in our body, result in postponing hair loss to our scalp.

b) Mineral deficiency
Minerals such as calcium, iron, copper, chromium, iodine, zinc, and magnesium are necessary to maintain healthy hair growth. Mineral deficiency will reduce the chance to regulate the blood circulation that promotes healthy hair growth and thyroid hormones that prevent dry hair and hair loss as well as defects in hair color. Too much iron is toxic to your body. Be sure to talk to your doctor before taking any mineral supplement.

c) Oxygen deficiency
Oxygen deficiency in your blood weakens the hair follicles, leading to dryness of the scalp and hair loss. Uncontrolled diet that is high in saturated fat causes cholesterol building up in your arteries resulting in less oxygen in your blood stream. Also cigarette smoking and second hand smoke reduces the blood flow and increases the blood clotting activity of cells which would clog the blood flow and damage arteries causing oxygen deficiency and results in weaken of the hair follicles.

d) Side affects of medication taken
Some medications contains elements that might cause hair loss such as lithium, warfarin, heparin, and amphetamines. When hair loss is a side effect of a medication, hair growth usually returns to normal once the drug is stopped.

e) Genetic hair loss
Hair loss is due to heredity. It is passed down from generation to generation. Genetic hair loss appears predominately in men, but may also appear in a few select women.

2. Food to Avoid

Foods that can cause kapsalon utrecht hair loss and diminish hair growth.

a) Saturated and Trans fat
Foods such as meat, poultry, and fried foods contain high saturated fat. Foods such as margarine, cheese, and butter contain high amounts of trans fat. These foods cause cholesterol to build up in your arteries and small veins in your scalp resulting in less oxygen being delivered to the cell in your body, including the cells on the follicles.

b) Foods that contain Aspartame and Monosodium Glutamate
Monosodium Glutamate contain chemicals that causes weight gain, increased appetite and also causes various kinds of health problems such as hair loss.
Aspartame contains toxic chemicals that make you gain weight, increases hunger and causes medical problems like migraines and poor blood circulation.

c) Smoking
As we mentioned in the previous article, smoking can reduce blood flow to the scalp causing hardening in the arteries, limit blood flow and make hair loss worse.

d) Artificial Color
Artifiicial color contains chemical compounds that take their toll on the body's natural balance.
Specific foods to avoid include colored drinks, color-coated candies, gummy and chewy candies, and many colored cereals.

e) Preservatives
These are potentially toxic to the liver and kidneys that cause hair loss and prevent hair growth as we mentioned in the article "Hair loss part IV--regrow hair with Chinese herbs".

f) Food Packaging
Polyvinyl chloride is a known carcinogen, and it's often used as plastic food wrap. It is toxic with high amounts causing damage to the kidney and liver resulting in hair loss.

g) Salt
Eating too much salt can lead to fluid retention and increased blood pressure that cause less oxygen to be delivered to the body's cells including cells in your scalp in result of losing hair.

3. Hair Loss Prevention and Treatment

I. Here are some important minerals that may help to prevent hair loss and promote hair re-growth:

a) Iron
Iron is involved in the oxygenation of your body's red blood cells. It is essential for normal hair growth and maintaining healthy hair. If the amount of iron can not be replaced with food intake, iron deficiency will cause hair loss because of oxygen deficiency.

b) Zinc
It helps to secrete the scalp with much needed oil and avoid dandruff that may cause hair loss.

c) Copper
Study shows that these tripeptide complexes may actually be able to regrow hair, even in patients with total hair loss due to alopecia. Healthy tissue concentrations of copper lie between 1. 7 and 3. 5 milligrams. Everything else will cause hair loss.

d) B vitamins
The deficiency of B vitamins (especially B6, B3, B5 and folic acid) in your diet may lead to hair loss.

e) Biotin
Biotin works as an anti aging agent and helps to produce keratin in preventing gray hair and hair loss.
Sources of biotin are: whole grains, egg yolks, liver, rice and milk.

f) Vitamin A
Vitamin A is important for over-all good health. It's also beneficial to hair follicles, as it keeps the hair root lubricated. Too much vitamin A might result in hair loss.

g) Vitamin E
Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant that aids effective circulation in the scalp due to increased oxygen uptake in blood, therefore it plays an important role in promoting hair growth and preventing hair loss.

h) CQ-10
Coenzyme Q10 (CQ-10) is an essential vitamin that provides our body with the nutrients needed to grow healthy hair. They also promote overall vitality, and contribute to beautiful skin and strong nails.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:46   #8
Unregistered
No Avatar

Wow, thanks Jaysam for your help! I've heard before that Biotin vitamin helps for hair growth. I'm going to give it a try...

Old 08-26-2013, 12:16   #9
Alan brad
No Avatar

Default hair loss

Hmm my age is 24 ...but i may occurred lot of hair loss...i felt my shampoo is problem to my hair...any one say tip to me avoid for my hair loss!

Old 08-29-2013, 07:57   #10
Unregistered
No Avatar

can shampoo really cause hair loss? don't know about that
its important to have blood tests, this will help you and your doctor to diagnose your hair loss.