Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Hair loss > Hair loss medication

Hair loss medication Forum for hair loss treatment using Recrea, Rogaine and Propecia...

Old 01-25-2012, 17:29   #1
Gogogo
No Avatar

Question Propecia advice

Hi everyone!

I'm 24 years old and noticed hair loss 3 years ago. My family has a very good hair genetics, but my father didn't start losing hair until he was 49. I am now freaking out, been using Propecia and it's been almost 3 months and I've noticed even more hair loss.

Have you heard of the "propecia shedding", don't know if that's what's happening to me or if the medication is just not working? How long should I stay on it before I give up?

Any advice will be appreciated!

Old 01-25-2012, 17:41   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

Im in the same boat as you!I'm at the two month period and experiencing what i believe to be a more aggressive loss. I just don't know if that's the expected loss. If anyone's experienced the same thing and it's gotten better please do share.

Old 03-04-2012, 21:16   #3
Unregistered
No Avatar

My friend started taking propecia about 5 years ago and it really worked for her. You have to do it right at the beginning stages for the best effect. But it doesn't work for everyone either. She said it takes about 10 or 11 months before you start noticing the difference. Good luck!

Old 03-04-2012, 21:17   #4
Cleary
No Avatar

My son just turned 18 and is losing his hair. He had a very thick head of hair but now he has lost half of what he had. He has been using Rogaine and it seems to slow it down a bit. He is also taking propecia.