Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > BREAST SURGERY > Inverted nipples

Inverted nipples Forum for inverted nipples surgery

Old 10-05-2011, 13:58   #1
AWL
No Avatar

Default Inverted nipples (how embarrasing?...)

Hey everyone

I am 23 years old and I have two inverted nippes, I hate it so much and not even my close friends knows about this. Getting naked in front of anyone is just way too embarrasing.

I'm actually thinking of a surgery, I had my consultation last week and although comments that surgery is not garaunteed, I have decided to go ahead. My surgeon was very informative and has only one case where the nipples became inverted again. The reason was because the milk ducts were not cut but I am having them cut as I am not concerned with breast feeding.

I'm a confident person but this whole thing is like a massive weight on my shoulders and is constantly on my mind. I would really love to say to myself that I love my nipples but I can't.

I know many of you with inverted nipples are embarrased to see a doctor but don't be! You should know that the doctors have seen much worser things and for your information inverted nipples are so common!

So I will let you know how the surgery goes, keep fingers crossed and hopefully my nipples will look good!

Old 10-05-2011, 14:03   #2
Maya
No Avatar

I know exactly how you feel, I always thought there was something wrong with me until I went to the doctors and he said that around 10% of women are said to have inverted nipples. So common!!!

Right now I'm just going to try to learn to love mine, If I don't, I will go for the surgery.

Best wishes,

Maya

Old 10-05-2011, 14:13   #3
Alexia00
No Avatar

I know how you feel, I'm 10 and I have inverted nipples too. I'm trying so hard to live with it but like you none of my friends know about it and I don't take my bra off for a guy. To be honest I don't think most guys have a problem with it and if they do they are so not worth the bother. But what am I supposed to say if they make a comment or should I warn them in advance?

I think I'm going to wait and see what happens in the future, if I'm still unhappy with my nipples I will have the surgery.

Good luck to you!

Old 10-05-2011, 14:17   #4
Jessy
No Avatar

I'm really surprised how common it is, I thought I was the only one, I personally don't know anyone with the same problem.

Old 10-05-2011, 14:28   #5
Camilla
No Avatar

Hi everyone

I am so happy I found this forum! I'm 24 years old and have inverted nipples which I found very embarrasing. I have a 2 year old daughter and when she was born I used a pump to get milk for him, it actually brought out the nipples with each suction. When I was finished using it my nipples returned to normal straight after.

If I could find more people who've had successful surgery I'd be more keen to try it. So anyone who had a successful surgery here???

Thank you so much fellow inverted nipple friends

Old 10-05-2011, 14:36   #6
Jadyles
No Avatar

Seriously, I am so surprised how so many women are embarrased by their inverted nipples.
I have inverted nipples and I always thought I was lucky to have them. My best friend is jealous of mine, whenever we go out she has to put tape over her nipples because they stick out.

Please don't think a guy will laugh at you or make you feel bad. The most important is how you feel. If he makes a rude comment or makes you feel embarrased you don't need to be with him.

Old 10-05-2011, 14:40   #7
Sierra
No Avatar

Seriously, I never knew this was such a big problem...

Old 10-05-2011, 14:44   #8
alexks
No Avatar

I went to see my doctor the other day, she made me feel really at ease and said there is no need to feel embarrassed as lots of people come to her with the same problem.

She also said its a very simple surgical procedure and I will be able to breast feed after and she gave a surgeons number.

The only thing I need to do is to find out how much it will cost, yay!

Old 10-05-2011, 14:52   #9
londongirl
No Avatar

hey everyone, im so happy i found this, im 16 and i have inverted nipples. i feel soooo embarrassed about them, especially when i look at my best friends, they dont have any inverted nipples. i have a problem getting close to guys because im so afraid of what they will think of my nipples. i really want to make a surgery, do anyone of you know how much it costs?

xxx thank u girls.

Old 10-05-2011, 14:55   #10
BigL
No Avatar

I am SOOOOOOOO glad I found this site! I have the same problem with you girls, I have inverted nipples and my boyfriend is freaked out by them. He has never seen nipples like mine before and I feel so embarrassed and ugly. Can anyone of you tell me if this is how most people feel about inverted nippes, they freak out?

Cheers,

L