Old 12-29-2011, 11:45   #1
Kimmy
No Avatar

Question Fat transfer

Hi,

I had lipo recently and I'm thinking of having the fat put into my lips. Could anyone please share their experiences on this? How long does it last? Pain, pictures etc? I will only do it if this is a more permanent solution.

Thank you

KIM

Old 12-29-2011, 11:50   #2
katy
No Avatar

Hi Kim,

I had lipo and fat grafts put into my lips and I made sure my doctor knew not to go overboard. I am really happy with the results and it didn't hurt at all during recovery. Maybe because I kept cold packs on my lips off and on for the first day. However, my lips went down in size from the day of surgery, but now 6 weeks later, they look good and aren't going down anymore. My doctor said this is permanent and I hope she's right.. Otherwise I would just do it again. Hope this information helped you.

Good luck!

Katy

Old 12-29-2011, 11:53   #3
improved
No Avatar

I've done this procedure twice and it has been a waste of money for me... I would not do the fat transfer again, because it just doesn't stay for me. I prefer Restylane injections!

Old 12-29-2011, 12:38   #4
Unregistered
No Avatar

Just so you know having fat injecftions are not permanent, well at least not all of it. I had fat transfer put into my lips about 6 years ago. But was gone after a couple of years, I got permalip about 2 months ago, happy so far...

Old 12-29-2011, 13:14   #5
yohannas
No Avatar

I had fat grafts put into my upper lip about 7 years ago and less than 50% of it was re-absorbed. Next week I'm having touch-up lipo and I'm thinking about having another transfer, I want my upper lip to be more full.

Old 12-29-2011, 13:44   #6
Vanillasky
No Avatar

I've been thinking of having fat transferred into my upper lip, but when I explained to my PS how I wanted it to look, he recommended Juvederm instead. I'm going to wait before I decide what to do...

Old 01-10-2012, 16:35   #7
Davin
No Avatar

Yeah, I came to know about it that its temporary at all. Rather, my ex
girlfriend tried it, while I did bear the expenses.
But, problem was not solved. Hope you have got it now.

Old 01-29-2012, 22:08   #8
paris
No Avatar

I had fat transfer about 8 years ago, it hurt like hell, it looked great but was gone after a couple years, then I got alloderm that didn't last either. Now I got permalip, subtle, permanent and fairly content. Still thinking about going one size up though.

Old 08-13-2013, 14:21   #9
Unregistered
No Avatar

Question Fat transfer - yes or no?

I would love to do a lip enlargement with fat transfer but I'm afraid of the results. What IF I will look like a duck? LOL

What would you all recommend, fat transfer or implants?

Old 02-14-2019, 17:12   #10
No Avatar

Yes you can go with it but please be careful because there are so many cases where women face many problem in this kind of fat transfer. You should also check that do you have any cleft lip gene so that you will not face any further problem.