Old 10-19-2011, 14:27   #1
Jojjo
No Avatar

Default Swelling?!

I am 4 days post op and today is my worst day so far, the swelling is not going down. Is this normal?

Last edited by Moderator; 03-12-2012 at 22:23.

Old 10-19-2011, 14:31   #2
Amanda
No Avatar

Yes, its normal but it will be worse if you do not drink at least 6-10 bottles of water min each day, avoiding all salts, sodas and diet drinks and iIf you keep the garment on 24/7.

I hope you will recover shortly,

Amnda

Old 10-19-2011, 14:38   #3
Jadyles
No Avatar

I promise you that the second week will be MUCH better, each passing day will get better. I had my lipo three years ago, I ended up taking off 9 days from work. I thought it would only take about four or five days to recover, but I had no idea my swelling would be such an ordeal. I was literally in shock by all swelling that I couldn't mentally bare to go back to work and face anyone. Patience, diet and keeping the garment on are they keys.

Old 10-19-2011, 22:33   #4
Brianna40
No Avatar

I just had lip, about four days ago, I don't feel great and the swelling is bad, but I can still tell the difference. I am so happy with the results!

Old 10-19-2011, 22:56   #5
giannnaa
No Avatar

I am 6 days post op, my legs are so swollen and looks 3 bigger. Also my hips still look fat or swollen(?)... How long does it take to go down? Is this normal and how long before it goes down and I see the results? Thanks.

Old 01-15-2012, 14:12   #6
39xxx
No Avatar

Swelling can take up to a full year before it truly settles down. That's why Dr's wont do revision's before this time period as the body changes a lot during this time.

Old 02-01-2012, 00:15   #7
sabrina_10
No Avatar

I had mine done 2 weeks ago and I'm still bruised and swollen. It will take a while to heal...

Old 02-01-2012, 00:16   #8
Panther
No Avatar

it takes a minimum of 3 months for the swelling to go down and can take up to a year after for full results!

Old 02-01-2012, 00:31   #9
Sophia
No Avatar

I agree. I didn't have much swelling with my lipo but really didn't notice much difference until about 8 or 9 months then I gradually saw more changes as more time passed.

Old 03-04-2012, 20:58   #10
Unregistered
No Avatar

Bromelain will supposedly help with swelling. Use your compression and also, drink lots of water and avoid high-sodium foods.