Old 11-09-2011, 18:37   #1
Nicole
No Avatar

Default Flying after Rhinoplasty?

Hi everyone

How soon after Rhinoplasty can I get on an airplane? I'm hoping to fly from London to New York about two weeks after my surgery. My doctor said to wait at least ten days, butIím SO nervous about it and Iím already having nightmares about nose bleeds and horrible pain etc. I'm very concerned about the flight itself and the swelling that may occur.

So can anyone please share their experience, please?

Thank you,

Nicole

Old 11-09-2011, 18:43   #2
sarahf
No Avatar

Hi Nicole,

I had rhino and flew from London to Belfast, this was 14 days after surgery and I was totally fine! My nose didn't swell, but I had a terrible headache throughout the flight, so I took a painkiller and everything went perfectly fine.

Good luck!

Old 11-09-2011, 20:42   #3
Olivia2
No Avatar

My friend had a successful Rhinoplasty done, she flew from London to Paris after 2 weeks. It would be best for you to wait 2 weeks before you travel by airplane because flying will increase swelling. Hope this helps, good luck to you.

Old 11-09-2011, 20:46   #4
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hi, I think you should ask your surgeon if you can make a check up appointment one or two days before your flight, so he can make sure everything's healing up fine so you won't have anything to worry about.

Old 11-09-2011, 20:48   #5
victoria1
No Avatar

I had my Rhinoplasty two years ago, I needed to attend my best friends wedding and my Doctor advised me to take a rest for about three weeks to avoid the swelling.

Old 11-15-2011, 22:08   #6
sarahf
No Avatar

Hi

Six weeks after my revision rhinoplasty I flew to Japan and everything was fine. My doctor prescribed me a steroid tablet, I took it 30 min before take off, my swelling wasn't any worse than if I hadn't flown at all... And also remember that the doctors wouldn't let us fly if it would affect the results.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:19   #7
No Avatar

Seems old but i am glad i found this. Because i wanna fly about 2-3 hours i was wondering if you did not have any problems with flying