Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > FACIAL SURGERY > Nose surgery (rhinoplasty)

Nose surgery (rhinoplasty) Forum for cosmetic nose surgery

Old 11-09-2011, 16:28   #1
gb1984
No Avatar

Default Tips for reducing swelling?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any helpful tips for reducing the swelling on the tip of the nose? ANYTHING would help, thanks.

Old 11-09-2011, 16:38   #2
Carrielulu
No Avatar

I've literally tried everything! I ate lots of pinapples, massaged the tip, had ice packs on, and I was sleeping propped up at a 45 degree angle. Nothing seemed to work out right.

Old 11-09-2011, 17:01   #3
saralondon
No Avatar

You shouldn't worry

I had Rhinoplasy done two years ago, my nose looked so swollen and I wanted a refund. Everyone heals differently, and in their own time, but I'd say it took at least 2 months for my nose to look "normal", so you just have to be patient. My PS took my "after" pictures after 1 year because he said the nose isn't completely settled until then.

xxx

Old 11-09-2011, 17:06   #4
shellyby
No Avatar

Hi,

Rhinoplasty can take up to 12 months to show its final results, I am 6 months post op and my nose is changing all the time. My PS was honest and informed me this before the surgery.

Happy healing!

Old 11-09-2011, 17:14   #5
blondie33
No Avatar

hi,

remember that the swelling is more noticable to you than anybody else. i went to my cousin's graduation party 12 days post op and nobody even noticed, only my parents knew about the surgery. the swelling takes time to heal....

hope everything goes well for you

Old 11-09-2011, 17:28   #6
rhinogirl
No Avatar

Hi everyone,

I'm sure glad I found this forum! I'm 8 months post op and I am still EXTREMELY swollen, especially in the mornings. Is anybody else experiencing or has experienced the extreme swelling? How long did last? A year or more? This is driving me crazy!

Old 11-09-2011, 17:49   #7
Rachel
No Avatar

I know how you feel, I'm 8 months post op myself and in the morning my nose is super swollen and by the end of the night very thin. This is what I do every night before bed, I put Arnica gel on my nose and I have also continued to take bromelain tablets.

I had an open procedure and was told the swelling could last up to 1 year or more. Can't wait till all the swelling is gone.

Good luck to you

Old 11-09-2011, 17:57   #8
Makena
No Avatar

I am 9 weeks post op, I do this and it helps me a lot and hope this will help you too. I take Arnica, Bromelaind, eat/drink only healthy stuff, sleep with my head elevated on several pillows, or sitting up 30-45 degrees in a chair and tape my nose every night.

Old 11-09-2011, 18:21   #9
Sophia
No Avatar

The rhinoplasty recovery is a long process, I had my surgery about six months ago, and it took me nearly four months for the fluctuating swelling to completely stop, although my nose still has some subtle swelling.

Old 01-15-2012, 16:15   #10
Unregistered
No Avatar

My 3 month follow-up is next week... We will compare the before and after shots, and I'll have the opportunity to bring up my concerns with him. I am pretty confident that my nose will take shape eventually, when swelling subsides. But I still want to address my concerns with him. He'll be able to tell me, hopefully, how much swelling I have and what I can expect to see in the future.

Last edited by Moderator; 03-30-2012 at 12:50.