Go Back   Cosmetic surgery | Forum about beauty treatments and cosmetic medicine > SECTIONS > Cosmetic plastic surgery > FACIAL SURGERY > Nose surgery (rhinoplasty)

Nose surgery (rhinoplasty) Forum for cosmetic nose surgery

Old 11-09-2011, 21:29   #1
Unregistered
No Avatar

Default What to eat after Rhinoplasty?

Hi everyone,

I am having rhinoplasty done next week and I really need your HELP. Need to buy food for two weeks time, if my swelling and bruising is pretty bad I won't leave the house.
Does anyone have suggestions on what to eat the first few days? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!

Old 11-09-2011, 22:02   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

Default Sammy1

Keeping things cool and not spicy, you can eat noodles, soup, yogurt, ice cream, pudding, mashed potatoes, protein shakes, bananas etc.

Old 11-09-2011, 22:28   #3
Unregistered
No Avatar

You can eat cottage cheese, yogurt, soup, mashed spuds, and some fruits like bananas, grapes and strawberries.

Old 11-21-2011, 14:59   #4
Debsm
No Avatar

I think you should go on a soft diet the first few days, protein shakes, bananas, soups, ice cream, frozen yogur, and small salads. Try not to chew, it might be uncomfortable the first day or two after surgery.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:34   #5
spatajon
No Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsm View Post
I think you should go on a soft diet the first few days, protein shakes, bananas, soups, ice cream, frozen yogur, and small salads. Try not to chew, it might be uncomfortable the first day or two after surgery.
Need to buy food for two weeks time, if my swelling and bruising is pretty bad I won't leave the house.

Old 01-16-2012, 21:45   #6
Unregistered
No Avatar

Avoid salt! No salty food... Drink lots of pineapple!

Old 01-16-2012, 21:52   #7
Zorro
No Avatar

Soft foods are recommended for the first few days after rhinoplasty. As discussed above, a diet with less salt is also recommended to decrease swelling. Regular food may be resumed a few days after the surgery. Hard foods should be avoided for the first week after rhinoplasty.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:39   #8
Jenna
No Avatar

hi everyone

i had my nose job in may, i had no expectations whatsoever, i actually thought it would be very difficult for me to eat, sleep etc. but i must say im impressed how it all went, i had no pain, it just felt weird and i could eat almost anything.

i had lots of pineapple, apparently its all good for healing

Old 09-30-2013, 13:22   #9
Unregistered
No Avatar

Would not recommend anyone to eat something too heavily.
I didn't have an appetite after my surgery but my parents forced me to eat something light, think I had chicken salad and carrot juice. But the rest of the week I was able to eat anything

Old 03-13-2017, 12:50   #10
No Avatar

I think i'm too late to answer but for future seekers of rhinoplasty post-treatment instructions you can visit this website