Old 11-27-2011, 22:10   #1
Mary20
No Avatar

Default Important question

Hi,

I'm having a tummy tuck in 4 weeks time and I need to be prepared. I'm a full time student and everyone has been talking me that it will take me 2 weeks before I can go back to school. What is the healing time after a tummy tuck?

Mary

Last edited by Moderator; 01-26-2012 at 00:43.

Old 11-27-2011, 22:14   #2
Unregistered
No Avatar

Hey

I am a full time student as well and I am 3 days post op and planning on going back to uni next week.

Old 11-27-2011, 22:38   #3
SarahH
No Avatar

Hi there

Everyone heals differently so I can only speak from my expirence. Next week I am one month post op and there would have been no way I could have gone back to work. Remember, your movements will be limited and reaching is still a challenge even at one month. I removed my drains at week 3, so you also have to take into account that you may still have your drains. You won't be able/allowed to do much with those... The best advice I can give is to take it as it comes, go back to school when you feel you can.

Hope this helps,

Sarah

Old 11-27-2011, 22:40   #4
Unregistered
No Avatar

I actually went back to work week two, but I worked from home so maybe that's why I wasn't that tough but sitting in front of the desk made me swell :/

Old 11-27-2011, 22:46   #5
Unregistered
No Avatar

Of course, everyone heals differently so be sure to listen to your doctor, but I could not imagine going back to school/work before 3 weeks post-op!

Old 11-27-2011, 22:50   #6
Miranda
No Avatar

Mary, you have to allow your body time to heal, this is a major surgery and doing too much too fast can lead to complications. If I was you I wouldn't even talk about it until at least week 3...

Good luck

Miranda

Old 11-27-2011, 22:53   #7
Unregistered
No Avatar

I am three weeks post op tomorrow, I am now starting to feel normal... I work as a waitress and won't go back to work for another two-three weeks. I think you should ask your PS a time frame.

Old 11-27-2011, 22:59   #8
YJasmine
No Avatar

Darling, everyone is different, as far as recovery time, two weeks may not be enough, especially if you are on your feet a lot. I am at almost 3 weeks and I have not been getting around very well yet, I get tired easily too... Remember that you may not even have your drains or stiches out yet. Good luck to you!!!

Old 11-27-2011, 23:05   #9
patriciagj
No Avatar

To be honest, I couldn't imagine going back to school or work before three weeks. I went back to work after three weeks and was still exhausted and I had to take pain killers to survive. Of course everyone is different, but this happened to me.

Old 11-27-2011, 23:08   #10
bellerose
No Avatar

Yes, everyone is DIFFERENT and it is really difficult to know how you will feel. I wouldn't plan on going back to work till week 3 or 4, but if you feel better you can go back sooner.