Old 11-27-2011, 23:11   #11
catwoman
No Avatar

Hi Mary

I am two weeks po and my job is more of a desk job, I think I can go back to work tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Old 11-27-2011, 23:38   #12
Kourtney
No Avatar

I really think you should talk to your plastic surgeon about how long he/she thinks you would need to take off and how long your drains would be in. I took 2 weeks and I had to call in for an extra week, if you have a "desk job" I think 3 weeks is realistic, but if you have a "physical job" I would say 4-6 weeks off.

Old 11-27-2011, 23:38   #13
Unregistered
No Avatar

I was off for 3 1/2 weeks...

Old 11-27-2011, 23:41   #14
Unregistered
No Avatar

Yup, it depends on your body, I was back at work in 12 days but I have a "desk job" and I don't work on weekends. Today I am 7 weeks post op and can pretty mich do everything, just take it easy and listen to your body.

Good luck!

Old 11-27-2011, 23:46   #15
anneh
No Avatar

Hi

Yes, going back to work after your surgery really depends on how well you are recovering and what type of work you do... I just had my Tummy Tuck on November 10. I came back to work on April 25. That is 15 days and I feel great.

Old 11-27-2011, 23:50   #16
Unregistered
No Avatar

Everything depends upon your health and your PS decision, it might take on average six to eight works off work

Old 11-27-2011, 23:52   #17
simone
No Avatar

I really think that tummy tuck time off will be more like 6 weeks, not two weeks.

Old 01-26-2012, 00:52   #18
Unregistered
No Avatar

Every patient is different when it comes to recovery, some recover quicker than others. Check with your PS, he will tell you what to expect during this time.

In general though, you are looking at least six weeks before you are able to resume your normal activities. In some cases, it can be months before you feel like your old self.

Overall, you can expect to be off work for two to three weeks and back to normal activities after six weeks.

Old 01-26-2012, 00:53   #19
LadyinRed
No Avatar

In order to have a full blast faster recovery, one has to rest and follow your doctor's advice during the prescribed recovery period of the doctor.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:09   #20
Berlin
No Avatar

Recovery time varies from person to person and also on the type of tummy tuck surgery procedure. Taking these things in mind you may need minimum 1 week and maximum 2 weeks to get back to normal routine. Good luck to you!