Your guide to injection treatments
An injection treatment is a medical cosmetic treatment that involves injecting own fat cells or medical grade substances into the skin with the aim of improving ones appearance.
The substances or injection products that are used for injection treatments can be divided into three main categories – own body fat, neurotoxins (Botox) and dermal fillers.
The various injection products have different characteristics and are used for different purposes. The aim of this page is to factually describe what is necessary to know about injection treatments for anyone who is interested in undergoing such procedure.
Here you will find all you need to know about injection treatments:
- The different injection products field of application and characteristics
- The injection treatment procedure and the time after
- The risks associated with injection treatments and average cost
- A forum for discussing the different injection treatments and the opportunity to ask an expert
- Directory of the clinics that perform injection treatments
How an injection treatment can improve who appearance
There is a vast amount of different substances used for injection treatments. These substances have different characteristics and are used for the following purposes:
- Limit activity in the facial muscles that cause wrinkles
- Fill out and thereby minimise facial wrinkles & lines
- Even out skin irregularity (dimples, scars, deformities)
- Reinforce facial contours (chin, cheek bones, jaw line, lips)
- Increase the volume of chosen body parts (breasts, calves, bottom etc)
About this information guide to injection treatments
The content of this page is reviewed Marie Carlsson, a authorised nurse and responsible for injection treatments at Art Clinic. It is meant to help those considering injection treatments make a well grounded decision but should not be seen as a replacement for a professional consultation.
The information is divided into a series of articles that take you through the possibilities and limitations of injection treatments providing you with a good foundation to base your decision on. Enjoy!